Thursday, September 01, 2005

A pallet of blankets in every bedroom

I spent my first night at Summerlea Manor yesterday, and the vibe started out strong with tbones for everyone, a bottle of wine, and energetic conversation. My pallet of blankets was so comfortable that I am having second thoughts about getting a bed. My back feels better than it has since I moved in with Celanie. But I suppose I must avoid the image of savagery and elevate myself from the floor.

My bookshelves are stocked, my clothes and closet are full, and I need to just put a few more finishing touches on my abode -- hang some art, buy a full-length mirror and bed, get some more toiletries (I used a sheet for a towel today), set up my desk, buy a laptop, and maybe rearrange my furniture a bit. Typing all that out makes it seem like there is more left to do than I thought, but I should be able to get it all done this weekend, strategically avoiding the time of our labor day celebration.

I will make an announcement on this blog about the Summerlea Manor Labor Day celebration, so if you are a friend and like to drink and eat, stay tuned. Now it is time to get a cup of coffee and begin the day. I am involved in a 3-hour client meeting today -- should be fun!

Luckily, I got my falling asleep done yesterday at work, before I took the second half of the day off. My buddy Russelll called in the woman that works next door to me to look at me sleeping in my chair, and then gave me a hard time when I got caught in my lies "I wasn't sleeping". Unbelievable!

No comments: