Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I'm in love

My love affair is not with a man or woman, but rather with a route. It's a short route, a speedy route. Some call it the east busway, I call it freedom. And though I never have a seat and must stand among the masses, it takes but seven minutes.

Thus, I am content.

In other news, for all that Wal-mart has going against it, once again its mythical supply chain has worked miracles. With the citizens of America calling for the blood of FEMA, Bush, and to a lesser extent local authorities in Louisiana and New Orleans, Wal-mart delivered the goods without so much as a "pay me back later." Wal-mart's usual critics are, at this juncture, delivering naught but unqualified praise. In record time, Wal-mart trucked in diapers, water, food, and other necessities to the bereft, even innovating on their stellar supply chain with tactics you can read about in the Post article above.

No comments: