Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Sandra Day O'Connor

I would very much like to say that I know a lot about Sandra Day O'Connor. Unfortunately, all I know is what the pundits have told me in the wake of her surprise resignation. From what they say, I'm quaking in my boots at the thought of a conservative bench ripping through every statute we liberals hold dear and reducing our freedom to a pile of Czarist rubble.

Sandra Day O'Connor was considered one of the most influential judges in the High Court because she was persuadable, even with her liberal leanings. Which meant on every vote, she could swing the outcome. Lawyers would write their cases specifically targeting her because they knew how the others would vote.

Another thing I know is that Sandra Day O'Connor probably coordinated this with Rehnquist because justices don't like to turn over in the same session. Everything points to the old coot stepping down next term though, if he doesn't croak first.

And though I don't know much about the law, Sandra Day O'Connor, or anything else that matters, I pray that the Democrats filibuster every jackass George W. Bush sends up for confirmation. I can only believe that any two nominees from that man will ruin the rights of Americans and secularists. His hands are already bloody with the lives of thousands of Americans and Iraqis, and the lives of the Coalition of the Duped. And he's set to murder our privacy and civil rights as well, not that he hasn't already done a lot in that regard.

No comments: