Wednesday, June 01, 2005

www.darnnews.com

I couldn't believe my luck when I found whomever had last owned this domain had allowed their license to lapse. So I'm setting up www.darnnews.com to forward to my blog, and now I own the entire brand! I think it's a really good name for a brand, very versatile in how it can be applied and very memorable. I'd hire my company to do some identity work, but alas I'm afraid I couldn't afford it.

For now I'll just have www.darnnews.com pointing at my blog, but I think I'll expand and have a more detailed website at some point in the future, and hopefully bring all my journalistic friends on board as contributors. I think the site will focus on sarcastic takes on news, since that's what we seem to be good at. Maybe some Pittsburgh stuff, arts, sports, and commentary, but no true news so we're not masquerading as a newspaper. And there's the tagline "Not Masquerading as a News Site."

That means you Celanie, Brad, and Dain.

Isn't it a great find? It's so hard finding a decent domain name nowadays. I'm going through it at work.

No comments: