Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I'll Never Understand the Chinese

Well, more accurately, I'll never understand the Chinese government, which is an outgrowth of Chinese ideas, politics, and society. I can only imagine that the latest efforts by the Chinese government to censor its own people irk the intellectual elements among the population much more than they do me from my nest of freedom in the United States.

In case you hadn't heard, the communists are doing everything in their limited power to censor words like freedom from Chinese access to the Internet. In fact, if censors find some fairly innocuous words in the subject lines of blog entries and the like, the computer rejects the entry and scolds the poster.

While I agree that these tactics can stall rebellion and social change, I don't think they can fend it off forever. And the Chinese government would be smart to realize this.

I also think that we can truly define the government as evil. I must assume that people support the communist regime purely out of greed, because most people with any notion of dignity wouldn't support, join, or condone a government with so many backwards policies.

2 comments:

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Andrew: When you asked me "What's the secret to a bunch of readers?" on my Blog, I thought you were advertising.

You know like "D'you wanna know the secret to success? Well, order my 3 books and find out!"

I'm guessing you want to know how I got a lot of people reading MY Blog?

I don't know.

I can tell everybody who reads mine to check yours out if you want.

Louv J. said...

ouch! jerk says it all~

sorry, came across ur comment on my blog, just thought of droppin by, but i'm regret to say that... politics make me sick.