Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The Woyos

Claudio likes to call people woyo, which is short for the Italian word Ualione that loosely means buddy or friend. I think it's a diminutive. By some strange convergence of circumstances, all the woyos showed up at my place yesterday. I had summoned Krepsik to help me resuscitate my car for the selling, but then Claudio came by. And then the Bird came and gave me my cooking pot. And then Brad and Eric showed up with a bottle of wine, looking for some food. And a good time was had by all. Celanie eventually came home around 10pm, after a busy day of rehearsal for her play, and landing a job as a stringer for the Post-Gazette. But before her arrival, we ate a bunch of pasta, and drank lemonade and wine, and smoked. Oh happy day. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

The verdict on the Nova is get the starter solenoid fixed or cleaned on Saturday and schedule appointments to sell the car the following week, and hopefully recover most of what I put in the damn thing over the course of the last year. After the car fixing, the merriment began, and we split a double bottle of Louis Jeudot amongst 7 people, and ate pasta loaded with banana peppers, zucchini, and onions. As usual, Claudio complained that I hadn't cooked the pasta thoroughly enough, but it was still good and there wasn't anything left at the end of the night. At this rate, I'm going to have to make another 20 quarts of sauce next week.

There was much arguing and music playing as well, which was all fun, but due to work constraints, I had to kick the team out soon after Celanie got home. And here I sit at work adding this little entry to my blog, but this is only in abeyance of a pile of work that is going to be NO FUN.

No comments: