Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Darn News - Extended version

I haven't written in a while, I think maybe because I have been inspired to practice my guitar a bit more, since I started lessons with Snackpack. I'm making progress on my strumming and rhythm, and finally starting to get the hang of bar chords, which really opens up the neck to me, and let's me start learning all sorts of songs.

Easter at Celanie's house was fairly typical, with me eating largely asparagus and potatoes and falling asleep to home movies of Celanie's family. My only regret is not being asleep when Celanie's mom's bare breast flopped out on camera during a video-taped breast-feeding stint.

Today is going to be a busy day, as I have 4 copy-writing assignment s in front of me, along with some editing, brainstorming, PR research, and web-mastering. Even now thinking about it all I begin to hurry through this entry. My scripts for scraping news articles off websites will have to wait, which is just as well since I spent 10 hours working on one for RFIDjournal.com, and remain frustrated by the site. Every now and again, my script will hang, even though my script doesn’t change. I’ll try batching the page reads to trick their robot-detector, and hope that works.

I was happy that the people at Bruegger’s have finally stopped asking me if I want a drink, after 25 consecutive drinkless visits.

I found my dad’s blog. He likes nude women, which is apparently evidence in a child molestation case, so he better watch out, or he’ll fry like MJ after Sneddon parades a string of millionaire accusers' mothers through the courtroom. I hope the jury can remember they are trying MJ for only the crime in question, and not crucify him for his previous transgressions while pinning the whole fiasco on the incredulous testimony of the Cancer Crew.

New music for you to check out: Chris Smithers is a fine little picker, and David Sanborn’s “Lisa” has me interested in jazz, especially the saxophone.

In other news, I have been playing a little online Magic and doing ok. Penguin jugged the big poker tournament, and Bush seems to have killed his press honey moon, and with it, all his hopes of being remembered as anything more than a war-mongering, overly pious drunk.

1 comment:

Goodsoul said...

If you read this comment in "C is for Cookie", my apology. It was somehow tangled up with another comment to the above, even though this comment was posted first....
-------------------------
Ahmmm.... I said I love digital photography especially the female form. But nude is fine. In fact, the overwhelming consensus would be that the only crime committed in liking women, especially nude women in my case, is that were it not for that foible in my character, I would not have three children and two step-children....

I'll swear in court, hand still on Bible, that there are no finer works of art then nude women. For all I know, God is a drop-dead :c) gorgeous woman standing nude in heaven this very minute, grinning as I write! Does anybody know if angels wear clothes?
******************************
Now, if I said I liked to look at nude girls, or egad, nude boys, or had I ever hung a baby over a balcony, built a "Neverland" for
sleep-overs with adolescents, altered my nose without the help of someone's fist or wore surgical masks for the press, then I would expect them to indict me.
******************************
I can't say I agree with every thing our elected President has decided. I don't like the burden that the war in Iraq has placed on the American people and its allies, especially the families of those who have lost loved ones. I don't like the degree of unilateralism which to this day has not proven justified based on any previously claimed preeminent danger. I have been disappointed in the self-righteous defense of such actions when it is, in my humble opinion, in greater defense of our country to build a legitimate democracy in the nations of the world, before we strike at out foreign regime, however oppressive, and justify that action on the basis of bringing democracy to the world, one defeated country at a time.
*****************************
I've never seen Mr. Bush drunk, but I bet he likes nude women. Either way, we might have greater insight if he would consider penning (Penning? Well, whatever!) a Whitehouse Blog!

In fact, all 1st term Presidents should be required to blog three times a week, at least two paragraphs (under the scrutiny of Howard Stern, to insure that press aides or interns don't do the writing for them).
****************************
For anyone else interested in interesting stuff (but only after reading The Darn News :cO ), check out:

http://goodsoul.stumbleupon.com

StumbleUpon is not a blog host or site. It is a free (in the full sense of the word: no fees, no-spying, no-spamming) web-site user rating and sharing facility and community.

I say this, and *donated* $20.00 because I like it, not for some other pecuniary interest.

StumbleUpon rates and shares web pages initially based on automated categorization according to content verbiage. Thereafter, the page ratings are refined by thousands of users who StumbleUpon that particular or some new page. To date, the site is close to 50MM Stumbles!

Users get linked together by common interest expressed in their profile and their selection of forums, groups and friends. You select your areas of interest and the refined filters feed you sites you might never come across otherwise. As shown on the News tab at StumbleUpon:

"I'm hooked on the thing, and rate it as the second most useful web browsing tool after Google itself. In fact, that pecking order may even change, as I find instead of Googling I'm Stumbling more and more..." – Davey Winder, PcPro Magazine, Issue 109, November 2003

Cheers!