Monday, January 31, 2005

The Window of Perception

One of the most common things I heard out of my parents' mouths growing up was "think before you speak." It was some of their better advice, and I only wish I was more adept at carrying it out. Of course, it's not as big a deal for me as some, who think they are above the normal bounds of political correctness. With over 250 million television sets in the U.S., you can't just go saying Sally is dumber than Johnny anymore.

Jacko would have done well to let someone else do his thinking for him in his documented remarks defending sleeping with other people's children. And that asshole better take the stand, innocent or guilty. Whether he’s Bo Diddley, or just the pretender he claims, he needs to reassure us all that a celebrity is accountable.

No comments: